cylinder head removal

To: Bristol17@aol.com
Subject: cylinder head removal
From: "The Stretz's" <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 07:19:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kirk,
I'm on the digest, so at this point you may already have the head
off...  I had the same problem with a TR250 engine that had been sitting
for at least ten years.  I tried the rope trick, the hammer trick, and
even considered dynamite. You are already on the right track by having
the head studs out.  None of them broke off in the block???  You're a
lucky man.  I took a mechanics advice and bought a can of SuperKwik made
by Walker.  (They sell exhaust components, and if anything on a car can
get rusty and stuck solid it would be the exhaust) This stuff is Liquid
Wrench on steroids.  Spray liberally into the holes that the studs came
out of, cover the engine and wait a day.  Repeat again the next day and
try rapping the sides of the head with a dead-blow hammer.  SuperKwik
does some kind of ion-exchange somethingorother to the rust that has
formed around the studs and the water jackets.  MAKE SURE YOU SPRAY ONLY
IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA!

Hope this helps!
Chad Stretz
73 TR6 CF7511U
P.S.  I'm not a Walker rep, and I don't play one on T.V.