RE: tr6 outer waist seals

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Peter Zaborski'" <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: tr6 outer waist seals
From: "Georgas, Bill" <Bill.Georgas@mci.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 12:45:45 -0000
Peter,

I replaced these seals as part of the ongoing interior work in my '72
TR6.

I did see a picture or drawing of the tool you mentioned, I actually
built one (well, actually banged one into shape), from a piece of flat
stock (steel).

In order to install, I cut the waist seal to the proper length.  I
then held the seal in place and "pulled" the clip into position.  I
was a real p*&( in the a^^.  This took a while, and while the results
are passable, it's one of those things that I'll probabl;y go back and
fiddle with in the future.

Good Luck,

Bill