Re: TR6: rusty rockers

To: ingate@shiseis.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6: rusty rockers
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:14:47 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-01 05:30:36 EDT, ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F.
Ingate) writes:

> Has anyone tackled this job?  How does one remove the
>  rocker panels so that I can see haw far the dreaded tin-worm has
>  progressed?

Shane:

I highly recommend you get the book "Practical Classics & Car Restorer
Triumph TR6 Restoration," ISBN 1-873098-27-8. They took a TR6 that most of us
would have considered beyond restoration, and returned it to new condition.
Virtually every panel in the car was replaced or repaired. The book has
dozens and dozens of pictures. Even if you are not doing that much, it is
worthwhile to see what you will be up against for a lesser job. It provides
an excellent over view of how the various parts of the car fit together.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74