Re: Mohair tops

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: Mohair tops
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 21:12:32 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Shane,
pity I missed Your previous post...
I've bought a Mohair hood for my Mk3 Spit. It's great stuff! Worth
every penny they charged. (Didn't want to use the original, "flimsy",
Vynide material after having once touched a Mohair hood with my hand.)
Unfortunately (being unnessesary stingy) I ordered the tonneau in
"plain" canvas material, and boy do the difference in quality of the
two different fabrics make a difference. Not so much in appearence
when brand new, but after a while in the baking sun (midnight sun???)
of summer Sweden... ;-) And the car also looks more distinguished with
this high class material in the hood...

My recommendation is to never buy cheap when it comes to hoods, hood-
bags and tonneaus. And not even the original Vynide is in the race
here... Only textile fabrics count as starters... Plastic is a non-
starter.
The extra pounds sterling they charge for Mohair over Canvas is really
worth the extra strech of ones finances.
YMMV

Yours
Odd

PS
The current TSSC catalogue specifies the following prices in Pounds
Sterling for the respective (Spitfire Mk3)
        Hood, Tonneau and Hoodbag:
Vynide  95      80      55
Canvas  150     110     90
Mohair  235     160     125

So it sure is much more expensive using Mohair, but my opinion is
better wait until one can afford it.

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4