Mohair tops

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mohair tops
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 97 11:15:57 PDT
All,
        A couple of weeks ago I asked what "mohair tops" were.  I received
a few very funny responses, but nothing to explain what they are.  All
I knew is that they are expensive and apparently available only in the UK.

        I ordered a Moss Europe catalog, and they explain the Mohair hood
is used as original equipment on Jaguars, Loti and MG RV8s; it comprises
"a spin dried outer skin woven with polyester and polyacrylic fibres,
a middle layer of synthetic rubber and an abrasive resistant inner layer
of cotton.  Characteristics include a resistance to creasing and colour loss".

        So there you go.

        Shane Ingate, no mohair, in San Diego