waste seals--outer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: waste seals--outer
From: s7101 <s7101@jane.penn.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 18:32:53 -0700
Peter:  i have replaced these seals last month--prior to list help.
After removal of door panel,window, chanel and lossening rear track i
began fitting by hand.  Holding the seal, beginning in the middle placed
the clips.  I think two were not acccessable by hand--I have largwe
hands, --Got a paint can opener, vise and hammer  formed a clip holder,
placed clip in holder, pulled up and done--felt great-looked great, but
it was time consuming.  the 2nd one went much quicker but presented
another problem.  since the seal had been bad for some time the glass
channel was rusted--i cleaned, primed and painted replaced the golass
only to have a loose fit.   I am looking for glazing material now.  good
luck.---STEVE VOLPE  1976-TR-6