Re: GT6 Mk2 seatbelts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Mk2 seatbelts
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: tcarney@concentric.net
I bought a 69 GT6+ (new) in 1969 and I remember that it had only seatbelts.
My original owner's manual shows a bolt for intalling three point harness but
no harness. However, the Triumph Spitfire and GT6 Guide to Originality shows
three point seatbelts on the Mk II (European version). Do you have an actual
Mk II or a "plus"? I remember changing my seat belts to the competition
variety and adding a shoulder harness.

On the bumper issue. Looking at the drawings in the Vickie Brit catalogue it
looks like the bumpers are similar but they have different mounting brackets.
Also the MkI bumper has notches to fit around the bonnet pivots. I'm sure a
way could be found to mount the bumper but it would require some fabricating.

Hope this helps.

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"