Re: TR6 Hazard Switch

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Hazard Switch
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:54:18 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-03 05:23:59 EDT, suhring@lancnews.infi.net (scott
suhring) writes:

> Would any one on the list have an operable four socket
>  rocker hazard switch for a '70 TR6 they would be willing
>  to sell?  Mine is going/gone bad and is playing havock on my
>  turn signals. I currently have disconnected so turn signals
>  work properly.  TRF and Moss only cary the later style which
>  has six sockets on the back. I have also heard that the spit
>  rocker switch might work? Any confirmation on this.

Scott:

I got tired of having my turn signals quit every time I used the hazard
flasher. I replaced it with a toggle switch, hidden under the dash where it
can't be seen to spoil the originality of the car, and left the original
hazard switch, no longer operable, in place for the same reason. Now, both
the TS flasher and the hazard flasher work with NO problems.

I can't help you with a replacement switch, but if you would like to make
this mod, let me know and I will send you instructions. It is extremely easy
to do, and costs less than $10.00.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74