Re: Roll Bar on a TR6

To: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar on a TR6
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 10:05:54 -0500 (EST)
Cc: rick@vir.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Aaron Johnson wrote:

> SCCA Autocross doesn't require a roll bar for all vehicles, only if 4-6
> point harnesses are used.

That's correct.

The rules say: ... roll bar recommended ... this is for street prepared
open-top cars. For prepared, you need an approved bar.

The point I was trying to make is that if you do put in a roll-bar, make
sure you get the safest installation you can get.

A cheap roll-bar is probably a bad idea. A non-functional roll-bar is not
safe. In fact it can be dangerous because it instils a false sense of
security and because if you are called upon to use it, it wil very likely
fail - and with bad results.

Oh well, gotta go get the TR6 ready for Ft. Worth!

rml

p.s. I got my reg. pack from Red River Triumphs... there's still room for
more Triumphs down there!!!! So Come On Down!
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |