Start

To: dave@microworks.net
Subject: Start
From: jfitton@lucent.com
Date: 3 Jul 97 16:22:00 -0400
Cc: jfitton@lucent.com (James M Fitton), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Dave

I had the same problem with my TR3A not turning over.

The ground (plus) battery terminal cable going into
the firewall was not making a good connection to the
car frame ground.....

I unscrewed it, and then screwed it in again (tight)
and then it made enough connection to frame ground
to start...

Test:

Try shorting the head of the firewall bolt to metal
adjacent to it (ground) to see if it sparks.

If so, it is not connected properly to frame ground.

Danger:

Do NOT do this to the hot (minus) side of battery.
BE VERY CAREFUL not to short the hot terminal
to ground.

Caution....think before acting....
      There is danger in the amps.

          TR3 folks are wonderful !!!