Bentley Manuals

To: "'tr list'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bentley Manuals
From: "Cordes, Edwin G" <Edwin.Cordes@SW.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 16:24:50 -0500
I know of another place to track down copies of all the Bentley
reproduction manuals - Classic Motorbooks - Iola Wisconsin.
After a long search for a TR250 -TR6 manual I stumbled upon
this resource after talking to one of the people at Moss.  Since these
manuals have limited appeal and because it is only profitable to print
these
in-mass, they are often out of stock for months awaiting the next
production run.
After being put on waiting lists for months at TRF, MOSS, VB, I came to
learn
that Classic Motorbooks acts as the publisher for these manuals. Once
pent-up
demand has reached a critical stage (ie. the parts houses have submitted
enough backorders) a run is scheduled.  Classic Motorbooks receives all
the copies
first (often weeks before the others have them available). BTW I found
that my copy
was also a few $ cheaper. These manual do not always appear in their
catalogues
but be persistent with the receptionist. I can't locate the 1-800 number
for this company,
can someone else on the list post it.

Ed Cordes
TR250 - w/ a new top!