Re: Brakes and wheels

To: "Reynolds, Rob" <RReynolds@asaspmo.belvoir.army.mil>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brakes and wheels
From: "STU-JO" <STU-JO@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 22:37:27 -0400
If the wheels were straight you missed a good deal. I paid $60 apiece for
two straight but rusty wheels at British Racing Green.

----------
From: Reynolds, Rob <RReynolds@asaspmo.belvoir.army.mil>
To: 'triumphs@autox.team.net'
Subject: Brakes and wheels
Date: Thursday, July 03, 1997 6:13 PM

I hope the list has a happy - and safe - 4th of July.

I have two questions and one joke:

1.  My late 76 TR6 stops well and the brakes don't appear to fade.
 However, when I come to a stop and keep pressure on the brake pedal, it
will slowly sink to the floor in about 30 seconds.  As soon as I remove my
foot from the pedal and step on it again it starts working at the top of
the pedal travel.  In other words, I don't have to pump it to build up
pressure.  I don't appear to be losing any fluid.  Any thoughts?

2.  I'm looking for a stock wheel.  The spare wheel I inherited with the
car has a dent, apparently from hitting a curb, and I don't trust it.  A
local parts dealer wanted $45 for a used wheel.  I though that was quite
steep since I saw three at the Bowie show a couple of weeks ago for $30
each including a decent tire.  But by the time I finished drooling over the

cars there, the wheel guy had packed up and disappeared.  Does anyone in
the Northern Virginia/DC/Maryland area have one for sale?

Joke:  Didja hear the one about the attendee at the Tyson fight who leaned
over to his neighbor and said, "Y'know, he doesn't look chew-ish    ;-)

TIA

Rob Reynolds
Reston, VA
76 TR6