Fuel gauges (not LBC)

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel gauges (not LBC)
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 14:53:30 -0500 (EST)
Sorry to bomb the list with this slightly off-topic question.  My
fiancee's Civic has a fuel gauge that goes down when you slow down from
highway speeds.  I haven't noticed this all the time, but it does happen
when the tank's low.  The gauge does tend to go down faster when it
reaches the mid-point.  I wonder if the first problem is caused by the
alternator running more slowly at low speeds, thereby causing the gauge
to drop, since it isn't getting enough power?  The second problem I
assume is caused by a faulty voltage regulator?  I believe there was just
such a question posed previously on the list, with the same answer.
Thank you and sorry about the nationality of the car.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)