Re: Freeze Plugs and New Bride

To: Hugh Barber <piglet@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Freeze Plugs and New Bride
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 07:15:29 +0900
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hugh Barber wrote:

> 1. The question: What is the best method for removing freeze plugs (or soft
> plugs) from TR-6 motors ?

A dent puller (slide hammer) works well.  You can buy one at Wal Mart
for a few
bucks.  Just poke a hole in the plug with an awl, screw the dent puller
in and
with a couple hit from the side hammer, they usually fall right out.

> 2. The comment:  I'm getting married in three months.  My bride to be and I
> were discussing my engine rebiulding project.  We were discussing how gonzo
> I should go on the motor, costs, etc.  I said "Well I could just do only
> what's necessary and cut some of the costs".  She said "Well if you have it
> apart, then I think you should do everything you want to do, or you'll just
> pull it apart later cause that's the way you are".

Don't put off the wedding!!!!!   Marry this girl today!!!!!!!!  And by
all means,
finish the project before she changes her mind ;)

Congratulation!

--
Chad Jester     Seoul, KOREA
'74 TR6         CF15486UO