TR-2/3 Rear Wings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-2/3 Rear Wings
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 08:05:37 -0400
I've been test fitting the various parts of my TR3 as I get it prepped
for painting, and have found that there are differences between the
left  & right read wings (fenders for those of us unused to Britspeak).

The right wing has a larger flat area around the tail light area and a
more pronounced curve inward where it joins the rear of the car at the
bottom.

Can anyone explain the difference? Is one of these a repro wing? What
was the difference between the early TR3 rear wings with square tail
light and the later ones?

Asside from the fact that it doesn't fit correctly, the DPO did a major
bodge job on it. If it weren't for the tail light area, I'd think he
just messed it up.

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L
(still in the works)