Fuel gauge (not LBC)

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel gauge (not LBC)
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:58:30 -0500 (EST)
My previous message doesn't seem to have gotten through, so I'm sending a
new one.  I'm sorry about the make not fitting the list.
My fiancee's Civic has a fuel gauge which goes down slightly when slowing
down from highway speeds.  It also tends to go down faster after reaching
the halfway mark.  I assume the first problem may occur because the
alternator is running more slowly and therefore supplying less power to
the gauge?  Is the second problem caused by a faulty voltage regulator?
There was a posting a few months ago that appeared to give this as an
explanation for gauges that fluctuate in their movement.
Thanks in advance and my apologies again about the make.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)