Re: TR6 Clutch Question

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Question
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:44:56 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
First thing to do is to bleed the clutch...maybe even drain and clean all
the existing fluid.  Another posibility is that the pin that holds the
fork to the shaft could have broken.  The slave cylinder should have 5/8"
(16 mm) of movement, so check that.  The other thing is that make sure the
slave cylinder rod is connected to the center hole...the factory said that
was the one to use and there are severe consequences for using the other
holes...bottome hole the clutch won't engage, if you use the top hole it
puts a lot of pressure on the crankshaft, causing big problems.

Aaron