Clueless & Floatless

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clueless & Floatless
From: dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com (david r simpson)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 18:38:46 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for the previous replys, Finally revieved the floats,
they came from Moss, they are a little different from the
orginal ones. I am not completely sure on how to mount them.
I could be mounting them upside down.  There are tabs to work
the needdle valves on both side left & right. I tried to keep the
angle of the mounting bracket the same as the angle of the bottom
of the floats as on the orginals.  However to do that puts a side
of the floats that is not flat on the bottom.  Which could raise
the level in the bowl. This also raises the question of where to
measure where to set the float level. I used a flat part of the foat
near the pivot pin and at a screw hole at the wide part of the bowl
for the reference pint. These have a Moss p/n 365-505 & Zenith
p/n B19470.  Did not need to install any spacer on the gross jets
(per some one else's experiences in using TR250 Floats on
a TR4) and hardly had to bend the tabs at all.  Making me think I
installed them properly

This is on a TR3B with a set of Strombergs from a TR4

Dave  Simpson
NE Ohio
Cluess & Floatless