Re: SQUEALING TR3 DISK BRAKES

To: Gary Oehrle <oehrle@lsil.com>
Subject: Re: SQUEALING TR3 DISK BRAKES
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 19:44:29 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Gary Oehrle wrote:

> Any more ideas?  I am open to them since the squeal is a
> royal pain.
>
> Gary Oehrle
>
> TR6 and TR3
>
> oehrle@lsil.com

Get a louder exhaust.  Then you won't notice it.

Just kidding, Gary.  On the serious side, research the pad suppliers for
the softest pads available.  This is how I solved the problem on my Jeep
and other  vehicles.  The pads wear faster, stop the car quicker, and
are quiet.  As for the wear, say 20,000 in stead of 30,000 miles.
Probably not a concern for your Red Rooster.

Hopefully there are several manufacturers offering a variety of
materials.  Or perhaps look for some NOS.  Possibly from the Classic
mags from Britain.  They are famous for keeping a lot of old useless
stuff around.

Good luck.

PS  Went Fly fishing in Desolation Wilderness past weekend.  Want to
start a guide service with me?  Beats working for a living.

Brian N