RE: Dad's TR3 is here

To: "(Clark A. Wiedmann)" <cwiedman@shaysnet.com> (Return requested), "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Dad's TR3 is here
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 09 Jul 1997 07:58:39 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0682233C3A71F005-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 09 Jul 1997 07:58:39 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 09 Jul 1997 07:58:39 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0682233C3A71F005*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Clark A. Wiedmann wrote:
[snip]My Dad's TR3 is finally here in Massachusetts from California where
it spent most of its life.  I asked advice about it in early
April--"Preserving vs. Improving."
Anyway, I've got my work cut out for me. This is by far the biggest
automotive project I've ever tackled.[snip]
++++++++++++++
Clark - congratulations on your acquisition.  Trust me, it just seems like
a big automotive project, but given the easy availability of parts (well,
okay, "mostly" easy) and the technical assistance others on the list will
provide to you over time, you'll find it to be relatively a straightforward
task.  Other than your rust problems, it pretty much just unbolts and
unscrews, and then bolts and screw right back together again.  (Oops, don't
forget there's the electrical system to deal with, then of course there's
likely the hydraulic systems, oh yeah, I almost forgot the cooling problems
and the interior bits and.........)           ;^  )

My Spitfire was in similar condition to your description with the exception
of the rust.  All in all it was one of the more rewarding projects I've
embarked on in a long time.  Best wishes to you, and I'll look forward to
seeing you at one of the future Triumphests.

Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Division
Los Angeles, CA 90015