Carb Leak

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carb Leak
From: Joseph Burlein <josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 11:09:42 -0400 (EDT)
Listers,

I need some hard earned advice on my carbs.  I have a 72 TR-6 with the
standard ZS dual set-up.  There is a fair amount of gas leaking from the
starter box on the rear carb.  So far: rebuild on carbs for all rubber/gasket
pieces, new grosse-jets, old needles.  Also put clamps on all the fuel lines.
I re-pulled the carbs and quadruple checked the float levels before putting
them back together.  I pulled the starter box and it looks like it is put
together correctly.  I pulled the front starter box and it is exactly like
the rear one.  I switched the starter boxes and the leak looks worse.
Any advice before I have to take this to a garage and spend too much
money?  Thanks in advance.

Joe Burlein
Melbourne, FL