Re: R12 to R134 conversion -Reply

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, ingate@shiseis.com
Subject: Re: R12 to R134 conversion -Reply
From: Terry Kay <TKay@wpmail.us.dynix.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 13:06:03 -0600
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
There is a BETTER solution!!!  Pennzoil has a product that is called
Friggc-12.  It is EPA approved, (Airforce tested for a couple of years)
Uses approx 90% of the charge pressure of Freon, and requires only
two adapters (grand total of $10-15).  This stuff is GREAT!!  It is not
nearly as expensive as freon.  And there is NO need to convert
compressors etc.  for the 134-a.  Check out Penn's web page.  They
have locations, and dealers, etc.  I DO use this in my 1990 VW
CORRADO.  There was NO difference in cooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and I
did not
have to change anything, nor pay the big bucks for freon ($90 pound
around here)

TK