RE: Discolored clutch fluid

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Pete & Aprille Chadwell'" <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: RE: Discolored clutch fluid
From: The Garrisons <garrison@gate.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:40:32 -0400
Pete -

White Post only charges the $175 if you want them to do the "whole job".  That
is, sleeve and rebuild.  If all you want them to do is re-sleeve, they only
charge around $50 or so.  Then you pay for the rebuild kit (what is it; $6?
$12?)  and put it back together yourself.

Did this myself about a year or two back.  No more discolored fluid and no
leaks so far.  And if the seals do wear out, I expect to be able to rebuild it
again (for the $6 or $12 or whatever the kit is).  With the original cylinder,
a rebuild was useless because the bore would be worn.

- Gene Garrison
- '73 TR6