Re: Frustrating TR3 Windshield Wipers

To: KMNTR6@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frustrating TR3 Windshield Wipers
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 23:03:37 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-10 12:28:29 EDT, KMNTR6@aol.com writes:

> My 1957 TR3's windshield wipers are driving me crazy. When I first bought
the
>  car I turned on the wipers, they wiped one time and stopped.

Ken:

I had this exact experience with the MGBGT that I bought. Turned out, one of
the wheel boxes was jammed. Behind each wiper arm is a half circle gear,
which is driven by the spiral wrapping on the drive cable. If the screws
holding the wheel box together get loose, the drive cable can jam. There are
other ways for the cable to jam, as well. I would look into that first.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74