Frustrating TR3 Windshield Wipers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Frustrating TR3 Windshield Wipers
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hi guys

My 1957 TR3's windshield wipers are driving me crazy. When I first bought the
car I turned on the wipers, they wiped one time and stopped. Never to move
again on their own. I sent the motor to Clock-Doc for a rebuild. I got it
back yesteday. It is painted nicely with the black crinkle paint and the body
was bead blasted. I mounted it with a new TRF mounting kit. It looks
wonderful... only it won't move. Anyone have any ideas? Does the round
dohicky with the red wire have to be in any particular position for it to
work? I connected the 3 wires to the proper places (two wires to the top, one
to the bottom and the black wire to the ground). What does the adjusting
screw on the side of the gearbox do?
HELP

Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register