Re: TR2,3,A,B - Under, neutral or over-steer?

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Subject: Re: TR2,3,A,B - Under, neutral or over-steer?
From: Ann Stevens <hockeymum@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 08:09:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John:  Following a business trip, I spent the better part of an
afternoon with Neil Revington over in Somerset.  He is probably the
foremost authority on TR suspensions in the UK (and by extension...the
world?).  If you look at how the front wheels track in a turn, the outer
wheel is actually pointed inwards more than the inner wheel, which is
completely backwards and causes the outer wheel to lose traction. This
occurs because of how tie rod levers are shaped. To get proper tracking,
he swaps the left and right tie rod lever and furthermore, re-bends them
such that even more angle is given them, so the outer wheel now carves
out a greater diamer circle thru a turn.  Now whether this corrects the
understeer or oversteer I don't know, but I do know it has made a heck
of a big difference in the steering in my 3A. (He also sells
phosphor-bronze tie rod bushes insead of the poopy rubber ones that we
can get, as well as an improved steering box cover, and lots more.)  I
can't speak more highly of his operation and products.  He does ship
from the UK over here, too. Neil owns Revington TR at
011-44-1823-698-437, or e-mail at 106361.3343@compuserve.com. Check him
out. I'm glad I did.

Standard disclaimer...just a statisfied customer...

Jim Stevens, TR-3A # TS-44743