Say, " High ! "

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Say, " High ! "
From: SBoz39@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 03:35:23 -0400 (EDT)
   Saw a new TR6 in the neighborhood early this morning.  Saw the same color
car sitting in the grocery store parking lot tonight.  Didn't have to wait
long and the owner came out to the car. Found out he had very recently bought
the car, didn't know how to put the top down properly, (and from the look of
the top, neither did the DPO).  We did a hands on demonstration then and
there, which made him very happy.
   He also said shortly after buying the car the clutch wouldn't work, but
bled the system thoroughly, got the clutch working and then reverse went out
on him. (He is learning alot about Triumphs real fast.) Couldn't fix reverse
in the parking lot, but told him about this list, VTR, and parts sources, and
offered whatever help I can give.
   It's great to see a new owner with all the enthusiasm he has for the car,
especially considering what has happened to him so shortly after buying it.
 Hope that by saying "High !" and offering advice I helped to maintain that
enthusiasm.
   Couldn't make it to the VTR national in Ft Worth, but the wife and I are
heading out first thing in the morning, ( hopefully at least by 10:00 am) on
a four day trip in the TR6.  Itinerary to include the Columbia River Gorge,
the Methow Valley, the North Cascades Highway, Deception Pass and Hood Canal.
 Wish us good fortune, and if you see a red TR6, say "High ! ".

    Jim Bosley           74  TR6         CF  22628U