triumph veneer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: triumph veneer
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 01:10:52 GMT
>I hope to find a reproduction that matches or figure out a way to get some
>English Walnut veneer and make my own. I'm in the wood working business so
>that shouldn't be so hard. I can't imagine that these repro dashes are
>sanctioned and approved by The British Motor Heritage. Caveat Emptor

>Greg Wolf
>70 GT6+ "Ian"
>Ann Arbor, Michigan
>Winnipeg MB Canada

I re-veneered my Spit dash a few years back.  I bought piece large
enough to cover all three panels from Constantine's <sp?> in NYC.

They described it as "French Walnut, much lighter than domestic
Black Walnut".  From what I can see it matches the original color and
grain perfectly.

It took me *much longer* to fit and finish than I had expected, but it
is the nicest part of the car. :-)

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits