Re: Clutch judder !

To: wyldecelt@geocities.com
Subject: Re: Clutch judder !
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 14 Jul 97 8:30:51
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rik wrote:

>>My Spit '71 has a clutch judder on pull-off in first gear. If i give
it plenty of revs it doesn't judder.
It came back on the road two months ago after a two year park-up.
The cluch seems to be pulling fine and not slipping, so I presumed
that it's rust, oil, or grit in the clutch and that it would disappear
with a few miles of driving.

I've done a couple of thousand miles in the past two months and it's
still shaking away.<<

Rik ... I donªt know about the 71, but on my 74, and other cars I have
seen, what is commonly left off (or misplaced or broken?) whenever tranny
work is done is the STEADY CABLE.  On the 1500, it runs from a bracket
in the center of the frame, near the shifter, to a hole in the left side of
the tranny.  It is required to quiet down the car whenever the clutch
takes up the drive.  Check underneath your car to see if you still
have one!

By the way, I was wondering if anyone knows if this cable can be
fitted without taking out the tunnel.  I recently found one for my Spit,
but I have yet to try putting it in...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III