RE: Sport Coil and Crane XR-700 connections :

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Spitfire15@prodigy.com'" <Spitfire15@prodigy.com>
Subject: RE: Sport Coil and Crane XR-700 connections :
From: "Nicholls, Clark" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:24:00 -0400
I don't know about the sportcoil, but I installed the Crane chrome coil
and needed a ballast resistor.  Here's the tipoff... if the coil gets so
hot you don't want to touch it after a drive about 10 miles, you need a
ballast resistor.  Crane told me overheating the coil may cause it to
explode.   I used the chrysler ballast resistor reccomended in the Crane
instructions, which I can look up for you if you wish.

Clark