Response about SB42

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Response about SB42
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:59:29 -0700
Sent an E-mail in support of Bill SB42 to some of the people on Shane's
list just this morning.  Already recieved a response.  People do read their
E-mail!  Send in your letters, and let them know you support this bill -
*******************************
Dear Mr. Schwartz,

Thank you for contacting me about your position in support of Assembly
Bill 42 regarding classic cars and emission regulations.  I am not
the member of the Assembly Transportation Committee, which recently
passed the bill, so I have not yet had a chance to attend a hearing on
this bill.  The proposal will next be heard on July 16 before my
committee, the Assembly Committee on Appropriations, so I appreciate
hearing your insights and views in advance of the hearing.

I have looked into the Smog Check 2 program quite extensively, and am
myself authoring a bill to provide financial assistance to those whose
vehicles do not pass the standards, and who cannot afford the often very
high costs of repair.  SB 42 of course deals with another problem posed
by the emissions program, and I look forward to hearing about this
approach when the bill is presented before Appropriations.

Sincerely,

Assemblywoman Carole Migden