Re: Three Spitfire questions.

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Three Spitfire questions.
From: Anthony Green <green@cygnus.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:10:00 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net(Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV)
Anthony Green wrote:

> For what it*s worth, I also have my local gas station guy do this.  He
> throws the car up on his lift, I bring him the 80/90 gearbox oil, and
> we are done in about five minutes.  Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

I started removing the transmission tunnel to access the filler plug
when I realized it was going to take a lot longer than I had. I took
the car to the gas station across the street where it could be put up
on the lift. They topped up the oil at the plug in the rear (is that
the differential?) and discovered that the gearbox had too much oil in
it (a fair amount of oil came draining out when he opened it up). It
took about 5 minutes, and he *didn't* charge me. (For those of you in
the Bay area, that's the 76 gas station at Willow and O'Keefe in Menlo
Park. The head mechanic, Carlos, used to have a 79 Triumph like my
own).

Thanks for the advice!

Anthony

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California