Caveat - Operator Malfunction

To: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Subject: Caveat - Operator Malfunction
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:02:58 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Nathanson wrote:
> In fact, it was backwards. So, back out, and in the right way, and timed.
> Runs real
> well, now.
>
>         Jeff ("still learning after all these years") Nathanson
>
> Jeff C. Nathanson
> Director of Product Development
> Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.

Jeff-

Great story.  Did a similar dumb thing.  Firing order is 1-3-4-2,
right?  Well on the English Ford motor it is 1-2-4-3.  Somehow I got
them all backwards on the Ford.  Maybe because the distributor is on the
opposite side of the block and turns the other way?  Who knows.  Anyway,
the engine DID run.  Not real well, but it cranked up.  Sputtered a lot
under throttle.  But put out little power.

Checked everything twice.  Lesson:  Never overlook the dumb mistakes
before concluding some big problem.  The biggest problem with LBC's is
often still Operator Malfunction.  That DCO!  Darn Current Owner!

Have fun, and get it on the road!

Brian N

79 Spit
65 Spit