Value of this list

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Value of this list
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 97 12:26:47 -0500
     It's amazing how helpful this list can be!  I picked up on the TR-6
     control module question and was able to answer a wireing question I
     had about my 75 TR-6 (CF36442U).  It seemed that the DPO had run a
     jumper wire from the white/red wire at the ingition key to the
     white/orange wire at the starter relay.  WHY??????

     All the wireing diagrams I cheked were no help.  The owners manual had
     no detail, and the shop manual schematic shows both wires joined at
     one point, but did not say where that point was.  It turns out both
     wires go to the control module where the module completes the circut.
     I suppose that the module craped out long ago, the car wouldn't start,
     and the DPO devised his fix.  Problem is his wireing sucked!  Now I
     can pull out his wireing and simply splice the white/red and
     white/orange where they enter the control module socket.

     Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

     Is anyboby out there planning to go to the TRF summer party??  It
     would be great to meet other list members.

     John Di Fede
     Hopewell Junction, NY.

     75 TR-6
     73 MGB