VTR

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VTR
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 19:14:21 -0500
The Jones family made it back safely from Ft. Worth with a little over
800 miles of trouble free driving.  We were a little bit apprehensive
after the TR6 lost it's right rear wheel, brake, hube, etc. during the
TSD Rally and did about a 20 foot drag on the frame and Trap.  Thanks so
much to the great folks at Red River Triumphs who stayed with Dr. Joe
and I for hours till the wrecker came and to Jeff and the folks at the
shop who spent their afternoon fixing her back like new.  June and I
enjoyed so much meeting those of you that were there.  To be awarded a
Gold Certificate for a Six that has gone over 265,000 miles and dropped
the bottom out the day before was certainly a suprise.  I also enjoyed
meeting the great group from New Jersey who proved that you can drive
and compete in your TR and then win big in Concours.  I think their idea
on giving 5 extra points when judging a driver as opposed to a trailer
queen is certainly worth discussion.  One last thought:  The tribute to
Ken was very moving.  He certainly was and is the very symbol of all
that Triumphs are, a car to drive and live life to the fullest with.
Lets don't ever forget him.
Bob