Confused on my Spit lineage

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (triumphs@autox.team.net)
Subject: Confused on my Spit lineage
From: jw@mail09.mitre.org (Joe Whalley)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 97 20:16:47 -0400
I have a 72 Spitfire (to be put on the road this week !) that I am not sure as
to what it is made of. The PO said it was the best of several cars... It was
badly repainted a reddish brown. The inside of the trunk (sorry, boot) lid has
some paint flaking off and is BRIGHT blue underneath. The manufacturing plate
was sprayed over, but I can read "made in Coventry in Mar 72, Commission
FK35231". The engine number is FM13009UE. It has a single Stromberg/Zenith
carb. The gauges are Smith, and the fuel says "Unleaded Fuel Only". It has a
seatbelt warning light in the center of the dash. The badge on the hood says
Mark IV. All of the emission type stuff seems to be gone, and it has an
electronic ignition installed. The steering wheel has 3 spokes, with 2 bolts
in each. The nuts are American, not metric.

As you can imagine, you're talking to a novice here, but I've got her running
and look forward to getting on the road. Thanks to all on the list - sorry
this post repeats some earlier questions.

Joe