Re: Gasket Goo!?

To: duhart@symbol.com
Subject: Re: Gasket Goo!?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 16 Jul 97 16:16:00
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John Duhart wrote:

>>OK, the assembly phase has kicked in.  I've noticed on all the parts
with gaskets that the PO used some type of red sealant.  What is this
stuff ...?<<

I imagine it is PERMATEX general gasket sealant --  gas and oil resistant.
Comes
in a can w/brush.

 >>...and should I be using it when I replace gaskets on the TR6?<<

Depends on whether or not you want your gaskets to seal (!)  Naah, seriously,
it stays pliable.  I think you ought to use it, particularly in a joint where
there is
pressure involved ...

--
Martin Secrest