Too many numbers !

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Too many numbers !
From: Don Solari <DSOLARI@ns.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 20:53:26 -0700 (PDT)
   Hi folks, I need some help with all of the numbers associated
with my 59 TR3A. The commission number is TS38564 and the number
stamped on the engine is TS29815E. Does it sound like this is the
original engine for this car? And if not how ca I tell the
approximate date the engine was built ?
   There are also two brass plates on the firewall above the battery.
The top one is stamped EB38635 and the lower one is stamped 1013725.
Does anyone know what they refer to?
   Oh, many thanks with helping me get my fuel tank drained. It's
empty now, but I still need to flush the entire system.

        Regards, Don S.