Leaky TR6 differential, Part II

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaky TR6 differential, Part II
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:09:45 -0700
Hello again,

Thank you for the advice, guys.  The main thing that I'm trying to avoid
while dealing with this problem is having to disassemble the exhaust system
to lower the diff.  (Monza)  I think that this may be a real pain, as it
usually is... anyway, I was thinking that (without looking at it) I might
be able to remove the rear two mounts, first by removing the two nuts that
secure the mountings to the pins, then removing the four nuts and bolts
that secure the rear mounts to the rear cover, then lowering the mounts
down the pins until they are free.  I would try to support the diff
somehow, but MOSTLY at this point it would just be hanging by the forward
mountings.  Then, theoretically, I could remove the rear cover.  Does
anyone think that this, assuming it is even possible, would harm the
forward mounts?

Good points, all, about the front and side seals... I've been concerned
about those, too.  That's probably at LEAST half the problem!  What do you
think?  Or, what'll you give me if I can pull it off?  (so to speak!!)

Thanks again!

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6