Re: Nyloc nuts <33CD198B.68B@execpc.com>

To: Michael Marr <mmarr@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Nyloc nuts <33CD198B.68B@execpc.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:27:41 PDT
>>>Michael Marr said:
 > DANMAS@aol.com wrote:
 > > Here in the great metropolitan area of the twin cities (Alcoa/Maryville -
 > > total population 20,000) there are at least three "fastener" shops
 >
 > The one caveat is that you should be sure to buy bolts of the correct
 > grade.  The heads have little raised markings that indicate the grade.
 > Make sure you replace like with like.

The second caveat is that this assumes that the DPO installed the correct
grade.  I like to consult parts books and Carrol Smith for the correct grade
for the application.  I don't trust ANYTHING on the car I haven't fixed, or
had fixed by competant workers, having found more than one apallingly
dangerous bodge.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center