Re: TR6 Front suspension and Locktite <2C1BCE3301D641D9@davi

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Front suspension and Locktite <2C1BCE3301D641D9@davinci.symbol.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:02:07 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>>>DUHART JOHN said:
 >      Also if I use locktite on the threads of a bolt doesn't this mean I can
 > never remove the nut from the bolt?

Depends.  Loctite is a company that makes a range of treadlocking compounds.
Some can be undone with hand tools, some need heat to break them down, and
some can never ever be disassembled without a flame wrench (a.k.a. cutting
torch.  Or a Dremel).

Loctite has a nice brochure a good hardware stor ecan give you; I got one at
King Bearing in Mountain View.  There's a summary on the team.net web page.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center