Oh Glorious Day!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oh Glorious Day!
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:46:58 -0400
Greetings Triumphant Ones,

Well, today was the day.

I went to the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles and walk out with
a temporary tag for the TR3B.

On the way home from the DMV, my Ramcharger decides it is jealous of all
the attention the TR3 is getting.  It picks now to blow it's power
steering pump. I stop at the auto parts store and get a rebuilt one. It
doesn't come with a pulley, you are supposed to remove your old pulley
are refit it on the new pump. Yea, right. In my dreams. That pulley has
been pressed onto that shaft since 1985, and has gone 199,000 miles. I
broke my puller. I swear the truck laughed at me... the auto parts store
has been closed for an hour by now.

So, having a few more errands to run, I look at the TR3. All it needs to
go is the drivers seat installed, fit the air cleaners, and mount the
temporary plate. I decided to fit one of the tonneau's I got with the
car to hide the fact that there is no seat or carpet installed on the
passenger side.

It all came down to today. Five months work getting a car that has sat
for 20 years roadworthy.

My newly rebuilt seat was real comfy. I sat tall and proud. It felt
really, really good.

And I was off. I had a few errands to run and I decided the first stop
had to be the beer distributor. I park in the parking lot and the very
first person comments "Nice car." I buy a case of Newcastle Brown Ale
for me and a case of Corona for Helen. I walk back to the parking lot
and a retired aged guy is standing next to the car. He starts a
conversation with me. He had a TR2 when they were new. He wants to buy
something like my car to tinker with. I have to cut him off as it looks
like thunderstorms are coming. I hit the starter, and I'm off. Two
people, two comments. I am going to like this.

Weather was looking too nasty to go into the grocery store, so I decided
to go right home. I pushed it a little. Even went around a corner a bit
too fast and punched it coming out. Got some nice tire squeal. This is
living.

I arrive home 10 minutes before the rain. A quick glance at the trip
set, 18.9 miles. Life is good. The Ramcharger should be jealous.

I am happy to report one more TR is back where it belongs, on the road.

And many, many thanks to all who helped me in times of need, as this
list is the by far the most valuable resource available for Triumphs.
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/