Re: Spitfire Tire/Wheel Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Tire/Wheel Questions
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:33:29 +0100

John
I had a quick look through my Spitfire question/answer archive and could only
find this paint related stuff:

>At 05:33 PM 12/29/96 -0500, you wrote:
>    Hi All,
>
>      I'm doing some rebuilding on my 77 Spit this winter. Just got some >Koni
shocks for front and rear also a suspension rebuild kit for the front. >While
its cold and have the spit up for the winter I thought I would take >the rust
off the rims and repaint them. I remember a thread about a paint >that was close
to the original color but could not find it. If anyone >remembers it or knows
what type of paint it is please let me know.

>Thank You in Advance
>Herb Hagraves
>77 Spit
>Canaan ME
>

>Herb, buy spray cans from Moss Motors. It is good for all Triumph wheels.

I do remember a discussion about TR6(?) wheel paint, but I don't keep this
stuff.

Not much help I'm afraid

Pat

Subject: Spitfire Tire/Wheel Questions
Author:  JFR843@aol.com at INTERNET-PO
Date:    17/07/97 16:43

It is time to blast off the rust off the wheels and mount new tires on my
1979 Spitfire.I have the following questions for the newsgroup:

- In the past someone posted the codes for the stock paint used on the
wheels. Could that person (or someone) please send me another posting of the
data?

- Can someone recommend a decent appearing (wider) tire that can pass as
being equivalent to original equipment?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John Reynolds
Houston, Tx.