[no subject]

To: spitfire15@prodigy.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 97 10:54:20 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Hi Chris:
     With regard to your blowby question -

     You wrote:

     "The one problem that I did have was crankcase blowby, I have no
     emissions on this '78 and vent from the valve cover into a stylish
     coke can. It is perforated  on top to vent gas, but catch oil.  I had
     oil coming out of the dipstick and the top of valve cover by the
     screws. In looking at the original Spitfire owners manual I saw
     something that might explain this, there is supposed to be some kind
     of mesh screen that keeps oil from blowing out of the breather tube.
     I don't think I have one since I just redid the cover and did not see
     one when sandblasting it. Looking in the TRF catalog I dont see one
     listed. Is there such a thing ? I will be taking the cover off again
     to check this out, but any ideas on a suitible replacement screen
     would be appreciated..."

     I had a similar problem, although on a different kind of car, and used
     a wad of coarse steel wool in the hose, with good success. It did need
     to be cleaned or replaced periodically, but the price and availability
     was right!

     Hope it helps,
     Jim Wallace
     '60 TR3 TS81417