RE: GT6 go *DINK*

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: GT6 go *DINK*
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:31:49 -0500
>By the way, this sounds nothing like a U-J noise I have ever heard ... >and
the universals have all been replaced ...

    Are you sure all the u-joints have been replaced? There are some on the
axles too. Also if the PO said they were new I would suspect them as well.
Just because a u-jount is new does not mean it was installed correctly and
if not done properly it will not last very long.
    You might check the driveshaft bolts on both ends and make sure they are
tight. They might not have been replaced with locknuts an loosened (or never
gopt tight in the first place).
Best of luck,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L