GT6 go *DINK*

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 go *DINK*
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 18 Jul 97 9:30:14
I recently purchased a swell GT6 III, but it is making a little noise I need
to investigate.

It happens only upon taking up drive, a quiet but noticeabe little ªdinkª sort
of sound.  It is coming from underneath the car, and sounds something like
the noise that might be made if you tapped the bottom of a spray can on a
hard surface.

It has not gotten any better or worse in the last couple of weeks, and it
happens only when the car first starts to move, most often (but
not necessarily) in first gear.  It seems to be related either to the
drivetrain or clutch (yikes!), but it is very hard to trace.  Sound familiar to
anyone?

By the way, this sounds nothing like a U-J noise I have ever heard ... and the
universals have all been replaced ...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III