Altenator connections for TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Altenator connections for TR6
From: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 18:28:36 -0700
Cc: cowan@erg.sri.com
It seems that the weakest links in my charging system are the connections
to the altenator.  The altenator was recently rebuilt (locally) and seems to
be fine.  The battery and cables are also new....

How do I remove the contacts (spade lugs?) that are crimped onto the
corroded wires from the plastic housing so as to clean/replace them?  I
assumed there's a tab on each lug that must be depressed to remove it from
the plastic housing, but small screwdrivers, stiff wire, flattened nails,
etc. haven't yet done the trick.  So, does anyone out there have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Cregg Cowan
71 TR6 CC63192L
Mountain View CA