Re: Thanks, GT6 Dinks ...

To: ak627@dayton.wright.edu
Subject: Re: Thanks, GT6 Dinks ...
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 20 Jul 97 8:30:13
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>>You may want to try this:  take an end wrench, reach under your car,
and just tap it against the drive shaft (prop shaft), and listen to
see if the `dink' sounds familiar.  My experience with failing
U-joints is that they go `dink' for a while, and then move up to
the fatal `squeak-a-squeak-a' swan song.<<

Darn good idea, Tom.  It is now (finally) starting to dawn on me that
the big old prop shaft could make a hollow sound like this.  But it would
be surprising to learn that it had a failing joint -- the PO, who was very
up front with me about everything on the car, said that those joints were
replaced when the new tranny was put in.  If they (or one) was installed
incorrectly, what do you suppose might have been done wrong?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 III