TR6 transmission swap & Clutch

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 transmission swap & Clutch
From: "Douglas E. Shook" <dshook@usc.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:46:49 -0400
I posted previously regarding the least effort way to swap out the
transmission, but failed to note that I am removing the engine anyway
for some unrelated work, so the question is, I suppose, is whether they
come out with less effort as a unit or apart?

While I'm at it, for basic street use, any recommendations on
replacement clutch (you know, while it's apart I might as well go
through it all).  The Borg & Beck runs about $140 and the LUK about $180
at Moss.  Any experience/suggestions here?  Better ones out there?

thank you,

doug shook
TR6
B50SS