TR4 no go

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 no go
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 13:36:43 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not getting any spark :(

I do have power to the primary circuit, however.  Got a nice little spark
when I opened up the points.  I clamped the timing light on and it
wouldn't flash.  Also pulled a plug and it didn't spark either.

Right now I have Bosch plugs, I'm thinking of changing to NGK V-Power (or
Bosch Platinum...)-- any experiences/opinions/onions on these, or others?

Any way I can bench test the wires without zapping them onto the block?
I'm a little leery of 3/16" of blue flame around all my fumes.  Also, I
don't think I can pull the boot away from the end.

-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.